The main objective of this unit is to maximize benefits to the Ministry from Performance Management and Human Resource Development. Key functions are to:
- Ensure the personnel function is properly supervised.
- Process appointments, promotions and applications for transfers, leaves and the like.
- Match staff with budgeted post and salary scale.
- Liaise with the Public Service Commission, the department of Human Resources and other Divisions on personnel matters.
- Co-ordinate the Performance Appraisal process.
- To coordinate training for employees in collaboration with the Department of Human Resources and advise heads of divisions on available training courses.